Tuesday 12 July 2016

Estonia

Next was Tallin, Estonia to which we caught the ferry over from Helsinki which in itself was fun. After all there was a duty free make-up store on the boat, so basically a good excuse to shop for an hour, am I right? Yes. The answer is yes. 

Do you ever watch a fairy tale and think how perfect and sweet everything looks? Then as you drift off to sleep that night imagine what it would be like to actually live in a real life fairy tale? Well, buy yourself a ticket to Tallin and you won't have to imagine anymore. Everything was beautiful, and I mean everything. 


I had never seen an old town square before in my life, and oh my, did my heart flutter the first time I stepped into the cobble-stoned, pastel-coloured town square. It was was like nothing I could have ever imagined, and the weather was simply beautiful adding the atmosphere. I think one of the best things about Tallin is that it is still a hidden gem. Not many people frequent the Baltic countries compared to many other European cities, so not being surrounded by hundreds of tourists made it feel like the town was your own and you could explore freely. It really felt like a home away from home!


Delicious restaurants were situated around the town square and all through the streets and alley ways. I ate the best risotto and grilled vegetables of my life here! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.


This Russian Orthodox church was the only Russian remembrance the Estonians kept of their awful time under communist Russia because of the beautiful architecture. 


I stood in awe when I reached the top of this view. Simply stunning. 

Kadriorg Palace in Kadriorg Park was lovely. 
Around Kadriorg park. Here I also visited KUMU art museum which was huge and the building holding the art was extremely modern which was a nice juxtaposition to the Palace just a few metres away.
The road from Tallin, Estonia to Riga, Latvia

I honestly could not recommend visiting Estonia more! It was absolutely beautiful and it definitely has a special place in my heart. The buildings, people, food, atmosphere and everything else was absolutely wonderful. Estonia is also very nicely priced for any Australian's travelling trying to make some bang with their buck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment